Are you among the millions who struggle getting straight hours of sleep each night? Some people who have more serious issues of sleeping even had to get prescriptions from a Compounding pharmacy in St. Petersburg, Florida.
While you can struggle about getting an ideal sleep, let us also share with you at least 10 ways of how you can achieve it.
- Establish a routine of sleeping and waking up at a specific time.
This habit will train your internal body clock to sleep on schedule. However, it’s vital for you to choose the best sleeping time you find ideal and then stick to it. This may be hard at first, but it’s something that your body will eventually learn.
- Fight the urge to sleep in especially on days such as the weekends.
This practice can break your sleeping routine, and can greatly affect how you will establish a good sleeping habit. A nap can be a great alternative for sleeping in.
- After eating, do some light activities such as strolling or washing the dishes.
This can keep you from the habit of being lazy right after meals, which is not helpful in developing good sleeping habits.
- Go outdoors as much as possible.
The more you’re active outdoors, the more that your body will crave for rest when you get home at night.
- When it’s about bedtime, approximately two hours before, stay away from exposure to bright screens such as the ones from computers or televisions.
Their blue light can disrupt the body’s production of the sleep hormones called melatonin.
- Ensure that the room is darkened to make your eyes adjust to the dimness.
When your eyes are adjusted to a dim place, you’re more prone to fall asleep faster.
- Take time to exercise within the day. Even a good 10-minute exercise is already helpful.
Regular exercises also help you stay away from common sleep disorders. While there are pharmaceutical products for good sleep, exercises are also great options.
- Limit your intake of caffeine and nicotine as these can actually stimulate your brain, making you alert and awake.
It’s also best if you can cut the smoking habit altogether as this can improve your sleeping habits in the long term.
- Avoid going to sleep with a very full stomach.
You may experience acid reflux as a result, thus disrupting your sleeping hours. Ensure that your dinners are light, or eat full hours before bedtime.
- Monitor your sleeping habit.
When you have a visual proof of your progress, you can be inspired to maintain this good habit every night.